Sunday, November 05, 2006

What I love about Sunday!

Saturday after the kids went to bed, Mindy and I worked on getting things ready for company the next day. While we were doing this, Mindy happened to glance at my phone and see a reminder for baby dedication the next morning. I thought I had cleared that with her, but had honestly forgotten about it myself. Mindy was suprised to find out Madelyn's dedication was the next morning, but she made a few phone calls and all was well. We finished our meal preps, got clothes ready and headed to bed.

Church was very encouraging as Pastor Andy spoke about the incarnation in a way that just seemed to make sense. We committed our daughter to the Lord and asked for God's blessings on our lives as we would strive to raise her in a way that would honor Him. We look forward to seeing how God shapes and draws her heart towards Him in the coming years.

I enjoyed teaching the middle school students about Solomon during the Sunday school hour and had some great interaction from my small group of 6th grade fellas.

We came home and had roast, mashed tators, carrots and rolls with good friends that we hadn't seen for awhile. It was great to catch up with them, and Joshua and Abigail really enjoyed hanging out with their son as well.

We sat down as a family in the afternoon and played games together, watched the 4th quarter of the Steelers & Broncos game, and then had some nice "get ready for bed" time.

Great Day! - E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home