Blessings!!!
We are getting ready to be discharged before lunch this morning. After driving to What Cheer to pick up our children, we will finally head home this afternoon and settle into life as fiveadkisons. As we reflect on this experience there are several things that we are thankful for.
1. For an amazing staff and hospital.
2. For a relatively easy delivery.
3. For a gracious and loving God who has allowed us to have another child.
4. For two children who adore this little girl. They both came up yesterday afternoon and spent some time with us. Abigail wanted to hold her, sing to her and just love on her - THE WHOLE TIME. Joshua was equally excited, but had just gotten two T-rex's and wanted to show them to us. So while Abigail was holding Madelyn, Joshua was wrestling with his dinosaurs. Then Joshua and I took off and went exploring in the hospital. Great fun!
5. For friends and family who have wished us well and shared in this joy with us.
6. For diapers! I have been diaper man so far and have had my share of not-so-pleasant-stuff on my hands and shirt. Yippee!
7. For sleep! Last night Madelyn slept about 3 hours at one time which was really sweet!
8. For really good coffee! Seriously - this may be a small thing to some, but I love having the choice of Starbucks, Seattle's Best, or Java Cup!
9. For the "Faster Pastor" race being cancelled last night due to the rain. I was able to enjoy that time with Mindy and Madelyn last night. We watched a bit of football, read some and took a nice little walk together.
10. For my bed at home!!! Don't get me wrong - this "convertible" couch that leans to one side and appears ideal is - err - great, but nothing like my bed at home.

2 Comments:
I love your sense of humor Ernie. Yet you are serious about the real stuff life is made of! I can't wait to see little angel Madelyn!
Let me know when you are feeling up to visitors... we have a few things to bring over with us, too!
Love,
Kesslers: Mary Anne, Jason, Alec & Logan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home