Joshua's First Day




Joshua woke up this morning excited about his first day at school. We've talked about this day a ton and it finally showed up this morning. Last night we were talking about it and I asked him if he was excited or nervous - he said, "both". I asked him why "nervous" and he replied with, "what if nobody wants to play with me". We encouraged him and let him know that he is the funnest (I know it's not a word) kid in the world and he will likely make several really cool friends just by being himself. So, this morning I walked him to school with Abigail on one side and him on the other. We held hands most of the way as I approached his front door. We stopped, I looked him in the eyes and let him know that Mommy and I are very proud of him and the way he's grown. We walked into school and I said goodbye about 15 times, after letting him go I tried to blow him a kiss and a hug but got my motions all mixed up and looked like a confused priest trying to call plays for a football game. Oh - well. Abigail and I walked home laughing and talking about her being a little "giggle worm" and I realized that someday soon, I'll be making the "walk" with her. Sigh. Mixed emotions. I drove by during lunch to try to get a glimpse of him playing on the playground. Didn't see him, so we'll make the walk down there in an hour to see how his day has gone. I'm sure it was fabulous!

1 Comments:
Letting them go is hard, but needed! You have many years of great times and wisdom to impart to him.....you WILL get the job done!
Blessings,
Dianne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home