Boys Will Be Boys
If you ever look under the front bushes of the house right across the road from Jefferson School, you will find several long, fairly straight, carefully chosen tree branches.
Ernie likes to walk Joshua to school in the mornings when he can - because it makes me happy and because he enjoys it. On the mornings when he is able to do this, just before he and Joshua cross the street to head into the school building, they have a little tradition of stopping at this secret hiding spot (I really should not have told where it was), producing their branch swords and enjoying a few minutes of sword fighting. When they are finished, they carefully tuck the swords - and any new ones they may have discovered on the walk to school - back in the bushes to be used on another day.
I don't totally understand this, but it seems to bring a lot of pleasure to both of "my boys". Today Ernie came home with a bruised thumb and reported that Joshua got him on the thumb three times. When I picked Joshua up from school this afternoon, one of the first things he told me was that Daddy won the sword fight this morning because Joshua's sword was too thin and it broke. Boys will be boys,... and I am glad they are my boys. :)
I took my girls to the "Knee High Naturalists" class at the Discovery Center today. We had never gone to any of the nature camps before, but that was a dollar fifty well spent. Madelyn didn't seem to get too much out of it, but Abigail loved it. I didn't know it was going to be a picture worthy event, so I didn't take my camera. Dana saved the day, though, and when she emails me the picture she took of my "little turkey", I'll post it. No pressure, Dana. :)
Thanks for the picture, Dana! :)-m

1 Comments:
I saw your little turkey today at church, and she was quite adorable. Sounds like she had a good time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home