Mornings
I hate mornings. Not because I hate mornings, but because I hate the stress that seems to go along with them. I feel like I spend the entire hour and a half before school barking orders to hurry. "Are you dressed yet?" "You still need socks on." "You need to eat faster if we're going to make it on time." "Come on, quit playing around." "We're going to be late." "Get your coat on!!!"
We have plenty of time...it shouldn't have to be so stressful and hurried! Is there a method I am missing? A trick I haven't tried? Does it ever get better?!
So much for the ideal of delivering Joshua to his classroom as a relaxed child ready to tackle the day.
-m

10 Comments:
Yes, it gets better....when they leave home. :):)
I think it gets better a little at a time. This too shall pass.
I am sure that it probably isn't even affecting Joshua. But it does make your day start off stressful!
Blessings,
Dianne
Thanks for the laugh, Dianne. I needed that. :)
You are welcome! I remember those days even though it has been awhile!
Have a good day!
Dianne
let me know when you figure it out...
it doesn't get better. sorry. :)
I'll tell you what works for me...I go to work at 7 and leave the kids for Jamie to deal with. I'm very stress-free in the mornings :)
U crack me up. Yes, it gets better - that is why I'm sitting here playing on the computer at 7 am while the kids are getting themselves up and ready....at this point they even drive themselves to and from school. HOWEVER, be careful what u wish for: With these morning perks I enjoy comes the knowledge that they will only live here with us for a short time longer...and they are teenage drivers!!! YIKES! Love ya! Jan
i truly want to know at what point you go from being this carefree kid with all the time in the world to eat breakfast and get dressed to a psycho who seems hurried 17 out of the 24 hours in the day!! why does that have to happen?!?! i want to be 5 again....
:)
You must be normal....Do you want my kids? Hope your mornings get better. Joy
Why is it that I can tell immediately what "Joy" this is? :) I hope all is going well...And I'd love to have your kids. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home