Thursday, May 24, 2007

Discouraged

Last week I lost my cell phone. Friday I locked my keys in the van. Sunday I couldn't find my keys to get home from church. (I found them 20 minutes later -after an extensive search of the student ministries building - in my pocket.) Yesterday I forgot it was Joshua's treat day. Then I lost my keys out of my pocket while walking to pick up Joshua from school. I still haven't found them (or my cell phone, for that matter), although I have retraced my steps 5 times, stopped to inquire of neighbors along the path, called the police department, and the auditor's office. (FYI - that is where lost and found things end up that are turned into the city.)

I am discouraged. I can't seem to get it together and have no idea why I suddenly seem to be so forgetful.

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Eric and Pam said...

So sorry Mindy! :)

Here's to a better day (including a more organized mind for mommy)!

 
At 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweety. You be alright! Here's to all the things you DO remember:
Hug your husband & kids, smile and say "I love you" to me in the morning, brushing your teeth, making our old house a sweet home, finding time to laugh and play.

Mindy, you rock!

Ernie

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Mary said...

We all have those days. They can be so frustrating. At least every other year I can blaim it on pregnancy brain, but we all know it's just from running around after everyone else and remembering all THEIR stuff. You'll be fine,

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Ernie and Mindy said...

Yeah, but do we all have those WEEKS? :) I thought maybe it was still baby brain, but Madelyn turns 9 months tomorrow. I don't think I can use that excuse anymore.

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure you can! I think we can use that excuse until they can "consistently" sleep through the night! I'm talking weeks at a time!!! :)

Jacque

 
At 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with Jacque. I think motherhood in general can zap the part of the brain that makes you remember things. :) And Ernie is right, too. Remembering the important things is what counts! Amy G

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home