Stayin' Alive!
Joshua called from school this morning.
"Mommy, I am line leader today."
"No, Joshua. You take treats tomorrow." (What was I thinking arguing with him? Would his teacher have him call me today if he had treats tomorrow?)
"Can you make brownies and bring the trophy Daddy gave me so I can use it for show and tell?"
"What trophy, Joshua?"
"The one Daddy got for disco dancing." (That's the one I thought he was talking about...)
Since Joshua has decided to enlighten his class today with the little known talents of his father, and because a friend told me last night they wouldn't be able to imagine Ernie as a "prep" if they hadn't once seen a picture, I thought it would be fun today to unveil a picture of "Ernie the Disco Dancer" - long before the "prep" days.
This is the actual photograph of he and his sassy little partner in their disco dancing debut in which they took first place...
Ernie is in the silk blue, white and tan shirt in the upper right hand corner of the picture. He is dipping his partner who is wearing the red halter shirt. (Aug. 1979)Maybe Joshua will want to take Daddy's trophy from when he won "Miss Sugar Babe" next time. I wonder if I have a picture of that...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home