Baby Chicks!
The kids could hardly wait for Thursday night - our night to bring home the beloved kindergarten chicks. I was sure we would kill one. Madelyn clawed at the cage trying to get to them. Joshua and Abigail immediately wanted to get them out and hold them. I told them we had to wait until Daddy got home. I needed back-up. I didn't particularly want to touch them, nor did I want to be solely responsible for them as I wasn't at all certain what Madelyn or Maggie (our dog) would do with them if given the chance.
.jpg)
So the kids waited...
And waited...
And finally, Daddy got home.
(Notice the chick running around amidst Madelyn's toys. Madelyn tried, but she never caught one.).jpg)

2 Comments:
I just read Jody's blog and the story of her chicks' unfortunate outcome. No, these are not the same chicks. (Joshua and Gabe are in different classes.) I'm sure the chicks Jody took home were sickly, and we got the healthy ones.
And we only braved one overnight - hoping the damage we did wouldn't show up until the next day when someone else had them. :)
very thoughtful, mindy. it's OK, we know we are horrible people.... :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home