Happy Birthday Sweetheart!
We celebrated Mindy's 35th birthday this past week as a family and had a wonderful time. It started off with my bright idea to get the family up and head up to The Machine Shed restaurant for breakfast. Great idea, but trying to get 3 kids and two adults ready to go anywhere is a challenge, much less breakfast. The kids were hungry by the time we were heading out the door, so we snacked on some apples and took off. Breakfast was great and relaxing.


We left the restaurant and headed to do a return at Old Navy. I walked in and heard that they were having an unadvertised 17 cent sale! Every item in the store that had a price ending in a "7" was only 17 cents! I ran outside (literally) to get my family unloaded. We spent over 2 hours and only $31 to get the pile of clothes in the picture. Everything we bought was only 17 cents. Granted, I did get the exact same style shirt in about 5 different colors, but who cares! It was only 17 pennies.
We had a great rest of the day just running around, picking out new "sweet" glasses for Mindy and then headed to lunch in the food court. Chinese for all.
The cheesecake you see is one of my traditions that I have been doing for over 10 years. Each year I bake Mindy a new cheesecake for her birthday. This year it was Pumpkin Caramel! Delicious and is definitely in the top 4 category.
-e

2 Comments:
Love the pictures of Mindy in amongst the loot.
That cheesecake was so yummy! I'm glad I happened to stop in when I did! :)
Happy Birthday (late), Mindy! And Ernie, you should have informed more people about the 17 cent sale. I would have been there in no time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home