Sunday, January 07, 2007

Kisses

This morning as I was getting ready for church, Abigail came up the stairs sobbing. "Mommy," she cried, "I was trying to give kisses to God, but Joshua keeps taking them out of my heart."

I'm not quite sure what had transpired between them, but as I was standing in worship this morning, her words came back to me. I was pondering God's greatness, yet his love for me. It was so humbling, and as I worshipped Him, I thought about worship as my "kiss" to God. Strange...yes. Silly...probably. It struck me all the same.

I am grateful that nothing can take my "kisses" for Him out of my heart. Not the hectic morning...not my failures...not people around me...He is God and worthy of my worship - my "kisses". Although my circumstances change, He doesn't change. I am amazed by Him.
-m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home