Parenting 101
Our family went to the Davenport JC Penney to do a bit of shopping. When we had finished, I went to the counter and Ernie walked around with the kids. Realizing I had left my wallet in the stroller with Ernie, I found him and got it out of the diaper bag hanging on the back of the stroller.
Back at the counter, Ernie, Joshua and Abigail came and joined me about ten minutes later. "Where's Madelyn?" I asked.
Ernie laughed and said, "You have her."
I laughed (thinking he was kidding) and said, "No, you have her."
He quit laughing and panic crossed his face. He spun on his heels, threw down the cute little girl outfit he was bringing to show me, and took off to find her.
He found her in the stroller, cooing at a nice man and woman who had discovered her and were staying with her until someone came to claim her.
"What did you say to them when you ran up?" I asked him.
"I have no idea."
Evidentally, when I went to get my wallet, he thought I had come back to get the stroller. We both just left her there.
We did have a good laugh...later. :)
-m

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home