New Year's Day
We had simple goals when we woke up this morning:
Put away Christmas decor
Spend time contemplating and planning for the upcoming year
Watch football
Enjoy the day
Something went wrong during the "put away Christmas decor" goal...
We are in the living room trying to enjoy taking everything off our tree. Joshua tells me that Daddy is going to help him move his bed. OK, sounds like fun.
Suddenly, I am the only one in the living room putting away Christmas decor. Joshua's room is looking nice, though. With his bed moved, we should move his dresser, and his chair, the night stand...well, his whole room. And we should move the "reading room" bookcase and books from upstairs into his room and find a lamp to put on the stand which is now by his chair.
Great. Looks good. We like it. But we can't move furniture without organizing the room and going through toys and evaluating what we need to keep and what we need to get rid of. We need to tackle the stuff we uncovered and piled on his bed and floor.
But wait, since we moved the bookcase out of the reading room into Joshua's room, we should move Abigail's kitchen into the reading room and make it her "kitchen room".
You know...while we are moving things, we need to go ahead and vacuum (after we find the floor)...might as well dust, too.
And while we are doing this, we should get the kids started on a craft making things out of Christmas greeting cards at the kitchen table. Oh, and I still need to finish packing up those Christmas boxes.
"Daddy, can you print a checkered flag on the computer for me for the race track I am making outside?" No problem. We've got that covered. And we should charge the battery for the remote control truck and make a tunnel out of an old box, too.
Now where were we? Oh, yes...Now that we've moved Abigail's kitchen upstairs, we need to rearrange Abigail's room. It is a great time to do it. Wait, did we finish Joshua's room yet?
And then there are all the books we went through while reorganizing them on the bookshelf. We should throw away or repair the damaged ones. Maybe take out the baby ones and put them in a different place for Madelyn.
Let's see...we still have to finish Joshua's room, finish the new "kitchen room", finish Abigail's room, clean up our craft mess, make supper, change the baby, put the Christmas stuff away...
I step over "Frogville" which we created in the dining room by moving the table and making a village out of boxes for a bean bag frog that was acquired at Happy Joes, walk into the living room (where I am still trying to pack Christmas boxes), and Ernie is removing the curtains so he can wash the living room windows. Seriously.
I stand there with my jaw dropped to my chest and he sheepishly says, "I feel a bit ADD today."
I can't keep up with this family!
-m

1 Comments:
I can relate all to well - Heidi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home