Friday, July 11, 2008

And the final day of celebration...

The day after the 4th of July, the park was full of activity. Kid carnival. Dunk tank. Live entertainment. Huge blow up games (Five of them - and only $3 for unlimited rides on all of them until 9PM!).(Madelyn loved the big slides - even though she would face plant or flip over when she hit the bottom at full speed.)
Greased pig contest.
And - I believe the town favorite - mud tug of war.
(Yes, I know it looks like a red neck fest - this is actually a picture of the aftermath - but I would recommend it anyway.)

The next day there was church under the big tent by the park, lots more food, and live entertainment.

Three full days of celebration and then some. Not bad for this small town. It was as wonderful as I remember as a kid. The best 4th of July celebration we have ever taken the kids to.

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fun weekend! That little town really is all about making memories....
Dianne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home