Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Grandpa and Grandma DeBoef

My grandpa and grandma DeBoef came to visit us tonight. Grandpa is 91 years old and Grandma is 87. Ernie and I always enjoy being around them and appreciate their wisdom and faith in God. They live their lives unashamedly for the Lord and share their faith with anyone who will listen. They inspire, challenge and humble me.

I love hearing their many stories of wit, humor and somber truth about their lives and raising nine kids. Everything about their lives - the ups and downs - has their love and trust in God woven through it. We have learned so much from them and hope they will be around for a few more good years. We are so blessed to have been given such a rich heritage.


Ironically, the Muscatine Journal's headline today was "Want to live to a healthy 85?" Grandpa, a very healthy 91, was sitting in our living room reading the newspaper while we got the kids bathed. As I looked in and saw the headline and his face visible above it, I couldn't resist taking a picture. How cute is that?

Grandma holding Madelyn (her great granddaughter) for the first time. She kept saying, "She's such a healthy baby - and so cute!" I ate it up. :)

I know that every morning I am prayed for by name along with all of Grandpa and Grandma's children and 34 grandchildren. (They pray for the great grandchildren, too, but Grandpa admits he doesn't call them by name. I think Madelyn was number 65, and he just can't keep them all straight. Grandma, though, claims to know all their names. And she does.)

It was so special to have them come and share with our small group tonight.

I am so thankful for my grandparents.

-m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home