Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Robin Hood

As some of you know, this past month I had my bow stolen from my garage. It stunk, to be honest. My arrows, quiver, sight, stabilizer, arrow rest, etc. was all taken. So, I have been looking for a bow since then. I settled on a Mathews from a guy in Wisconsin. (Mathews is the name of a bow.) I went to an archery shop today to shoot a bow like the one I am going to buy. There just happened to be a customer there who had the bow I was looking for - in my size. He told me I could shoot it to see if I was going to like mine that will ship this week. I shot it about 6 times and was grouping pretty consistently and he was encouraging me with my shooting. Once I got settled in with the bow - I loved it! I shot one right in the bullseye and thought it was cool. Then I knocked another arrow, shot it and actually "ROBIN HOODED" the first arrow (which means that I shot the second arrow right at the first one, so the second arrow actually went inside of the first one!). I have never had this happen before. It was sweet! I was excited about what had just happened as I looked at the wall of fame in the archery range that had people's names that had done this before.

Then it hit me - I just ruined this guy's brand new arrow he had paid $15-$20 for! I apologized profously and tried to pay him for it. He just patted me on the back and said, "Don't worry about it. Good shooting. Enjoy your new bow!"

What a way to live. Sometimes when we are wronged we feel we are owed something in return. What a cool thing to just relax and bless others.

I'm tired and feel that I'm about to enter into my rambling mode.

-e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home