Friday, January 12, 2007

The Week in a Nutshell

We met Dad and Mom to go eagle watching on Mom's birthday.


My dad doesn't normally wear a woman's coat, but he had left his coat in his car, so Mom let him borrow her coat while she sat in our van. :)

Madelyn had her first bites of "solid" food (rice cereal) on Monday. Since then she has been gobbling it up like she was near starvation.

Daddy feeding Madelyn her very first bite.


And...On Wednesday I ran out of gas on the interstate. (The wild, risk-taking side of me coming out, I guess. :) It was right at sun down, I was nearly an hour and a half from home, and I had Madelyn and Abigail with me. Not cool, I know. I won't win the good mommy award for that one.

But did you know that if you call 911, a very nice officer will come out with an empty gas can? And if you give him money for gas, he will drive to the next exit and get it for you? But one gallon of gas may not be enough to restart your vehicle, especially if you came to a stop on a slight incline? So you may have to convince the officer that another gallon of gas may do the trick and kindly ask him if he would mind driving back to the next exit again and getting another gallon of gas? And you will feel ever so grateful to that officer, even though the whole process takes an hour and everyone in the van is feeling a little chilled? This is just for your information...You never know when it could come in handy...

-m

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The former officer in my household says that you will make the oh-so-kind officers year if you end him a hand written letter of thank you. They work very hard, and really don't get much thanks. But that is a great story. -Mary

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Ernie and Mindy said...

Good idea! Do you think there would be more than one "Mark"? :)

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger The Brookharts said...

Ok...I don't think you mentioned at McDonalds that you made him go get you gas TWICE!!!!! (If you did...I was too distracted & didn't hear that part!)

That is hilarious. I bet he'd enjoy some home made cookies too.

 
At 1:13 AM , Blogger The Brookharts said...

Was eagle watching cool? Were there a lot of eagles there? Mom took Austin a year or two back but they had left by then. I keep forgetting but want to do it sometime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home