Saturday, February 10, 2007

Champion

*Warning - A lot of bragging follows. If you are appalled by such shameless pride, please don't read on.* :)

Joshua wrestled in his first tournament today. Daddy was excited. I was proud. Joshua couldn't wait to get there. He seems like a natural, but we are a little biased, so we really weren't sure how he would do. Well...

He won his first match 12 to 6.

He won his second match by pinning his opponent in 57 seconds. They got to wrestle again since the match was so short. He pinned him again.

He won his third match by pinning his opponent in 33 seconds. They got to wrestle again since the match was so short. He pinned him again.


I know it really is boastful to not only mention that he got first place and was the PeeWee 4 champion, but to also post all the details of how he won each match and state that he pinned his opponents 4 out of 5 times, but I am his mom, so I am entitled to that - at least for this first tournament. :)

The truth is, I would be every bit as proud of him if he had lost.

But the sparkle in his eye and the skip in his step throughout the morning was priceless.


-m

5 Comments:

At 7:48 AM , Blogger jody said...

you are absolutely entitled.
congratulations, Joshua!
I hope those bleachers suited you OK, because it sounds like you might be sitting there often.... :-)

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Eric the Barefooted said...

Ok so:
Entry fee: $12.00
Hot dogs, candy bar,
pop: $47.00
Time spent: 6 hrs
"sparkle in his eye and
the skip in his step
throughout the morning: priceless!

Sound like you got a commercial there! Hopefully the wrestling bug is in his system and we can go watch him win at State in a bunch of years!

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Ernie and Mindy said...

Where did you buy YOUR hotdogs?! I think you got taken.

 
At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shameful-all that bragging-I can't believe the nerve!!

What I really think is that Joshua is one lucky boy to have such a loving family! And I know you guys feel just as blessed to have Joshua as your son! Awesome-keep up the bragging! Donna

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger The Brookharts said...

The picture is great! It really captured the "sparkle" you're talking about!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home