Tea Party
Tooth number two arrived today! We are on a roll, and I am pretty sure happier nights are on the horizon.
While Madelyn was working on getting that tooth through, Abigail and I had a wonderful time at our church's Enchanted Garden Tea Party. When we first heard about it a month or so ago, we immediately started dreaming and planning. I am not much of a girly-girl, but simply couldn't resist the urge to go all out and be as girly as possible when it came to dreaming about such a wonderful event with Abigail.
First we went to the thrift store and bought long gloves for both of us for $1.38 each. Then we bought our dresses - 88 cents for mine and 75 cents for hers. We were on a roll when we asked my mom if she had any old, large hats. She came up with a few (thanks, Mom!) that used to be wall decor - and threw in some great strands of pearls to boot.
After a trip to Wal-Mart for spray paint and some toule, we were ready to start putting it all together. We had to spray paint Abigail's hat and the orange and blue flowers on it. Abigail wanted to do the painting,
but finally decided she would just hold the flowers while I painted them.Saturday arrived and we got all "dolled up" and ready to go.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The party was perfect. Karen and her crew couldn't have done a better job planning a wonderful morning for so many excited little girls. There was nail painting, "fairy dust" glitter for all the girls, a craft, a story with Betty and many fairy helpers flittering around making sure all was wonderful..jpg)
And just when it seemed it couldn't get any better, they brought out the most delightful food - including these delicious "flower" sandwiches Pam made. They were not only cute, they were amazingly delicious. They were a favorite at our table, but we tried to keep our lady-like composure and not eat too many. :) (OK, I ate quite a few, but I won't tell on anyone else at my table.).jpg)
.jpg)
Thanks, Karen, Pam, Cassie, Candi and everyone else. I saw a lot of girls with a lot of smiles today.

5 Comments:
that makes ME smile!! so glad you enjoyed...makes all the preparing worth it!! :) and you two were the perfect mother/daughter combo! jody got some great photos of you!!
Oh wow is all I could think of as I saw you 2 perfectly dressed ladies walk into the church Sat. morning!!! You added so much to our party, your special efforts were well received and greatly appreciated. Happy to have gotten to meet you both. :-) It was a delightful event for all, no doubt.:-) It was your many responses of joy that made it all worthwhile! Thank you for your kindness.
Okay, my I think my uterus just started begging for a little girl :) With three boys, I can't say I have these kind of experiences.
jen
You too were such a hit! I'm so glad you went all out. I bet that's something Abigail remembers for years to come.
Glad to know my girls were getting their chocolate-y lips all over everyones fine china. :) I had no idea but what a funny story.
What beautiful ladies!!!!!!!!!
Dianne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home