The "How"
So that is the what we've been doing.
This is the how we've been doing.
This has been the hardest move we have made. My heart has been heavy. Loneliness seems to always be lurking somewhere. Sometimes the kids cry at night. Joshua cries that he misses his room. Abigail cries that she misses our neighbors. Madelyn cries just because they all 3 share a room and Joshua and Abigail are crying.
We drove to Muscatine to see the middle school Chicago team return from their mission trip a few weeks ago. The team arrived an hour early. We missed them. The knot in my stomach got bigger and moved to my throat.
We are still in transition - no home, no friends, no neighborhood to start putting down roots. I spend most days in my parent's basement trying to keep our lives and our family functioning. Just passing through until we find a place to live in the town and neighboorhood where we will settle.
I have a good friend who calls and asks how I am doing, and I always seem to cry. But it struck me last week that if Ernie came home today and said, "Just give me the word, Mindy, and we will move back." I would say "no".
The last two months have been difficult, but God gives His strength. (And he gave me a wonderful husband.) And in the midst of all the pain, sadness and loneliness, I have a spot of anticipation and excitement for what the future holds. Life has changed. And it has been hard - but it will be good.

4 Comments:
I wanted to say HI to you guys this morning, but you were surrounded :) Miss seeing you and I am sure this is difficult. Certainly the "not knowing" is tough, but we know that HE who began a good work in you, and Ernie will be faithful to complete it!!! The possibilities are endless and you guys are amazing! WE miss you! dg
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS.....MISS YOU GUYS!
BLESSINGS,
DIANNE
Tears are streaming down my face. Thanks for sharing so honestly Mindy. You can trust that things are going to get better because God prompted your move. You are just being obedient, faithful servants in the holding pattern God directed. Do you want to come to Muscatine for Pee Wee Camp? I could still use some help?
Love you!
Friends,
I think the feelings are mutual in all aspects. (Although at this moment my “spot of anticipation and excitement” is the size of a gnat.) But an interesting analogy that I recently learned seems VERY appropriate. (You know I had to have an analogy, right?)
Our neighbor has told us that when you transplant things (flowers, ornamentals, perennials, annuals, etc) that the predictable reliable pattern is that the first year they weep the next they creep and the next they LEAP! Well, we are not plants, but I believe that even Jesus used things, like plants, that we are familiar with to help us understand our life here before heaven. So your family and ours have experienced the tearing apart of your move and the weeping is very real. But soon the creeping (growing) will begin and then the LEAPing! I don’t think we are bound by the constraints of plants in that each phase has to be a whole year, so our phases could be much longer or much shorter.
I have prayed for your family and will continue. Be sure to let us know of your creeping and the leaping, of course!
If creeping indicates at least SOME progress, then I guess we may be doing some creeping in Muscatine (Student Ministries). Although it’s like watching a mature Oak tree while it grows. (It’s REALLY hard to see the change from week to week or even month to month!!) As I am completely out of the “need to know” club, I only know that things are being done. Everything I hear is unofficial so it’s not easy to tell how reliable it is. One thing that is sure: I DO NOT look forward to the fall start of Middle School Ministries as I have in the past! If there is any plan in place, I have yet to hear about it! So you can pray for us if you have a moment.
Eric
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home