Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mindy gets in a fight in the airport!!!!

Charlotte, NC is beautiful this time of year! Mindy, Madelyn and I are here for a Youth Specialties Conference and the weather is rockin'! The leaves are just beginning to fall, the flowers are still in bloom, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and it got up to 78 degrees today! Crazy, when I look at the weather back in Muscatine!

I start a focused spiritual retreat tomorrow that I'm looking forward to. Should be really encouraging. Time alone with God - hmmm, what a novel idea. I started reading through Galatians yesterday. Very cool portion of the Bible. I wonder what it would have been like the day that Paul's letter was read to that body of believers.

On a lighter note...Mindy and I have been laughing a lot together - at each other and along with each other. It began yesterday before we left the airport in Moline. I'm a pretty random guy and often have some completely off-the-wall thoughts. Mindy, on the other hand, is usually pretty calculated and doesn't think much outside the box.

Ok, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but we were eating sandwiches, Madelyn was sleeping and I just asked Mindy to look at the people who were walking past us and point out the ones that she could beat up. Her confidence cracked me up! I could not catch my breath for a while as she pointed out the elderly, the puny guys and paralyzed (just kidding - I threw that in for...me).

All that said - we have had a blast. Mindy and I are soooo different and we are ok with that. That's what I appreciate about her and what she appreciates about me. I'm tired and must go try to fax something to a pet pharmacy for my dog's heart worm pills. Yee haa!

-e

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Dianne Spore said...

OK....Ernie, Mindy....we need an update on your family....
Dianne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home