Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful

Today was a pleasant day. I spent most of it hanging around the house preparing Thanksgiving dishes, talking with and playing games with Ernie's mom, Teddy and the kids. This is my kind of day.

When Ernie got home from work, we talked, ate and played more games. This is my kind of evening. This is my kind of life. :)

I was looking at this picture from a year ago when Andy, Megan, Mike, Jacque, Dave, Ann, Ernie, Joshua, Abigail and I "rang the bell" together outside of Wal-Mart. It astounded me as I realized how much has changed in the short period of one year. Mike and Jacque are now parents to little Josie. Dave and Ann have added Sasha and Ethan to their family. Our family now includes Madelyn.

One year ago we had no idea what our lives would be like today, nor do we know today what the future will bring. There have been good times and there have been troubling times, but in both, our God is good. I am thankful today for the blessings God has given. Geat friends, wonderful families, days to share with both.

David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, "Praise be to you, O LORD, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

1 Chronicles 29:10-13

-m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home