Friday, November 24, 2006

Joshua Turns Six!

I can't believe our little boy is a "two-hand" age!

What a great day it was to turn six! Joshua got his very own bb gun for his birthday, and we spent some of the gorgeous afternoon outside seeing who could hit the most pop cans off a box. Joshua thought it was great fun, and Daddy was very proud of how good of a shot he was. (I think Ernie was pretty proud of my bb shooting skills, too. :) )

Joshua opening his bb gun. Yes, it really was wrapped in a dog costume. I hadn't had time to wrap his gift, and when he found out he had to wait for me to wrap it this morning, he decided he'd rather not have it wrapped. Daddy got creative and produced his present zipped inside the costume. It was easier than traditional wrapping and we didn't have to clean up all the paper afterward. I wonder if we have enough animal costumes for their Christmas presents...















Joshua, we are so proud of you and the young man you are becoming. There is a lot more laughter around our house because of you. Your sense of humor always seems to catch us off guard and brings so many smiles. Thank you for always running to us and giving us big hugs and kisses at the moments we least expect it. Your spontaneous and "for no particular reason" affection is heart warming. Daddy and I pray that you will continue to grow into a man of integrity who loves the Lord with all of your heart. We are proud of you, Son. Life is richer because you are part of our family.

-m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home