Reminders
I heard this poem at a conference in Canada about 6 years ago. It has been hanging on our various refrigerators since.
She was sitting in her kitchen
When I went to call that day.
I still can see her deep lined hands
Her hair of misty grey.
In the sink were breakfast dishes
And the floor was shouting - Broom!
Many household tasks were waiting
In that topsy-turvy room.
"Come in," called out her happy voice,
"We'll have tea and jelly roll.
I've been putting off the housework
While I dusted off my soul."
She was kind and full of wisdom,
In His words she was well versed,
And each day before the housework
She put the first things first.
His book was on the table
And it was plain to see
That He too shared that morning
In her hospitality.
(Dorothy MacAulay)
Still desiring to be more of a "Mary" and less of a "Martha"...
-m

1 Comments:
That was good. Me too. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home