Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sick Kids

He said his tummy didn't feel well, but since that usually means he has to go to the bathroom or is hungry, we didn't give it much thought.

Ernie and I had decided we would really like to take the Sunday night class at the church together. It started tonight, and I almost felt like we were going on a date. Joshua and Abigail were bathed and ready for the babysitter. I was putting the final items in Madelyn's diaper bag and getting ready to take her to a neighbor's house. I was thinking about how fortunate we were that Jan had said she would watch her tonight so we could go. Then I heard the noises coming from the bathroom.

Poor Joshua. I guess his tummy really wasn't feeling well.

It's amazing how plans previously looked forward to suddenly seem unimportant.

The next time he vomitted, Abigail ran out of the room wailing, "The smell is going to make me throw up!" I wondered if that was a bad sign. Within a few minutes, she was heaving in her own trash can. I'm still not sure if she is sick, or just has a weak stomach for other people's bodily fluids, but either way - they are finally both resting peacefully for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home