Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine Mystery

I am really stumped. Ernie, Mike, Dave and Andy have a special Valentine's Day something planned for us (their wives). We (Jacque, Ann, Megan and I) have been trying to figure it out for the past month, and we still don't have the slightest idea! The mystery of not knowing has been a lot of fun for us, and the truth is - even though we have thought and pestered and thought some more - we don't really want to figure it out.

These are the clues we have weasled out of them:
1) Payback (We surprised them with an evening of ballroom dance lessons last Valentine's Day.)
2) Mike's pajamas pants (Jacque tells us they are blue plaid.)
3) We will greatly enjoy the evening and it will be like no other (This seems to contradict the "payback" clue.)
4) The cost varies by age (This would make sense if we were kids or senior citizens, but we are all in our 20s and 30s. Supposedly, the older the person - the more it costs. What could that be?!)
5) Ann has to dress as a farmer, Megan as a cowgirl, Jacque as a Harley chic, and I will be dressed as a Green Bay Packers fan. (I am thinking this has nothing to do with the event, but is just a way for the guys to make it more intriguing, memorable...and to get a cheap laugh.) And, yes, I know I am getting off the easiest with the Packer fan get-up. :)

This is what we know:
1) We are all riding in one vehicle. (So we are going somewhere - and in a large vehicle.)
2) It takes place on Thursday night - the day after Valentine's Day.
3) We will be gone from 5:15 to 10ish.
4) They had to buy tickets or pay for something in advance. (I saw the charge on our credit card bill, but the name of the merchant had been removed.)
5) Ernie told me not to wear the "cheese head" with my Green Bay attire. He said it would be a bit much. (So it's just fine to wear overalls, a cowboy hat, or leather, but a "cheese head" is over the top?!)

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Seriously, if THAT much thought was put into it...it's the THOUGHT that counts at this point. They rock! I think you're making all your friends jealous (not to mention how many husbands might hear this story tonight!)! :)

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Ernie and Mindy said...

Oh, no. Don't make me responsible for all that! What you read in my blog stays in my blog, right? :)

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Ok. I woke up early this morning trying to figure out what your mysterious surprise is!!! I hope you blog at 10ish tonight! :)

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger The Brookharts said...

Ok - so what was the big surprise?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home