Wednesday, March 07, 2007

At Least it's Done

Today was my day to finish our kitchen curtains. My very ancient machine was not cooperating. It kept going back and forth between barely creeping along (I was having to turn the wheel on the side of the machine by hand, even though I had the foot pedal to the floor) to a machine on steroids - totally out of control and unmanageable.

Finally, I was sure it was about to conk out. I could barely get it to move, and for about 10 minutes I sat trying to sew while cranking the wheel by hand.

Suddenly the machine took off in steroid mode - and stuck there! It seemed like YARDS of material were being yanked through the machine as I frantically tried to keep my seam straight. (Let me point out that I can't even do that at normal speed.) The machine wouldn't stop! I stomped on the foot pedal. I tried to use peripheral vision to look for a power switch. All the while yelling, "Help! Help! Unplug the machine!!! Unplug the machine!!!"

FINALLY the family came running and shut the thing off.

One curtain finished. I'm trying to live in the land of "good enough".

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Please let me save you and you can bring the curtains here. i promise my machines are in working order, they get used every day afterall. Please don't stitch you finger while on steroid mode, that REALLY hurts. Let me know.

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Dianne Spore said...

Wow, that sounds WILD!
I am glad that you got unplugged.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home