Igloo
I have a very fond memory of building an igloo and spending the night in it as a kid. Joshua and Abigail have wanted to do that ever since they heard about it. Dad and Mom promised they would come build an igloo with them as soon as the weather warmed enough to make packable snow.
Yesterday was the day! My cousin Jennifer and her 3 boys were coming to spend the day with us, so we thought it could be a big family event. My mom and dad had their work cut out for them - building an igloo with all those little helpers!
Yesterday was the day! My cousin Jennifer and her 3 boys were coming to spend the day with us, so we thought it could be a big family event. My mom and dad had their work cut out for them - building an igloo with all those little helpers!

Eskimos at work!
I thought my mom was so cute in her coveralls.
Dad and Abigail with another igloo snowball.
Bryson, Nolan, Joshua and Dad with the nearly finished igloo. The shape wasn't exactly as planned, but it was a great igloo in the end. (Nolan decided it was large enough to hold all the people in town, but not their cars.) :)We were hoping for a good freeze overnight, but alas (after all that work, Dad and Mom), the first wall caved in at about 3:20 this afternoon. Joshua has been trying to repair it, but as he was standing on top of it while doing so - it only got worse. They are ready for the next snow, though, because now they "know how to build one".

3 Comments:
Now I want to build an igloo. I remember building one at my grandma's house when I was little. Thanks for bringing back good memories!!
Okay, you know I have to respond to this one. Thanks for the great day Mindy (and Uncle John and Aunt Pat). Nolan, Bryson and Myles had so much fun! Nolan is bummed to hear the iglo is a pile of slush.
Jen Grove
Good to hear from you, Jen. :) The igloo didn't stand a chance. It is now just a small mound. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home