Sunday, February 25, 2007

Abigail's Recipe

Abigail loves to help cook. She will give up nearly any activity to come help in the kitchen. Last week I let her brown some hamburger. While my back was turned, she added some "special" ingredients - salt and pepper - and was so proud of how the finished product tasted.

Today I let her brown hamburger again. She asked if she could make the "new hamburger recipe she made up". Once the hamburger was browned, she wanted a recipe card. Asking me how to spell the words, she painstakingly wrote out her "new recipe" for hamburger to put in my recipe box - so I would know how to make it.

If anyone would like to try her recipe, I'm sure she wouldn't mind. :)

I have a feeling I'll cherish this recipe for years to come.

6 Comments:

At 10:08 AM , Blogger Dianne Spore said...

That is so cute! Yes, you should treasure it! She is a pretty good writer too. Is she 4 now?
Blessings,
Dianne

I may try her recipe this week!

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Ernie and Mindy said...

Yes, she turned 4 just before Christmas. I hope the recipe turns out for you, if you decide to try it. :)

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Abigail - if I ever make a cookbook I will definately want to ask to borrow that recipe so it can be included. You are such a great cook! :)

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Ricky & Tana said...

Awwww that is SO ADORABLE!

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger The Brookharts said...

So darling!! What a good little writer. And definitely a chef in the making. I keep hoping one of my kids becomes a chef so I can quit cooking.

 
At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is priceless. hold on to that recipe forever!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home