13 Days
So, we are 13 days away from our transition and our home is beginning to look like a warehouse instead of a home. Boxes are everywhere. Mindy has gone through every room of the house and sorted out those things she needs and those that she hopes others need. We will have a big moving sale next weekend along with several families along Mulberry in order to thin out our stuff. Feels good. Not much is sacred these days. Joshua burst into tears last night when he saw a Christmas present out there (in the yard sale pile) that we had bought him this year. I told him that he hadn't played with it much so we were going to pass it on. His tears let me know that I needed to just bring it back inside and give him a bit more time to enjoy it. This morning, that's all he played with! Then there were these cool little wooden peg and barrell things that I bought in Mexico hoping I would figure out how to use them. They were in the pile! I quickly grabbed them and put them back in the pile of things that will go with us.
Transitions are hard! We feel like we are working most of the day and into the evening then spending time thinking about all that needs to be done in the less than 2 weeks to come. Mindy is a hard working trooper and our kids have been amazingly helpful as well. We will make it.
Decisions have been challenging. Where to live, what to do for a job while the retreat center is undeveloped and not bringing in money.
Transitions are hard! We feel like we are working most of the day and into the evening then spending time thinking about all that needs to be done in the less than 2 weeks to come. Mindy is a hard working trooper and our kids have been amazingly helpful as well. We will make it.
Decisions have been challenging. Where to live, what to do for a job while the retreat center is undeveloped and not bringing in money.

2 Comments:
and so these are the days when our independence turns into "dependents" on God. You guys do that very well, and I know that God has you in his hand. One day you will look back and know the reason. I love the pics of your camping trips. We will miss you! dg
These pictures remind me of what moving really looks like.....I do remember!!!! Boxes everwhere!
Dianne S
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home