Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just another cup of coffee

Was able to find a great one owner van that seats 15 passengers. Has low miles and has been well maintained! The church who owns it bought it new in '98 for $27,000.00 and is willing to sell it for about half of its current blue book value. I will look at pictures tomorrow and determine if I'll make the 6 hour round trip trek to Chicago on Monday. From what I can tell over the phone, this will be a great van for the family. Those of you that would like to help with the purchase of this van, please contact me directly and I'll let you know what the need is. Please don't feel obligated or pursuaded by me to do so. When I started writing these blog entries, I was in no way trying to produce that result, I was simply sharing my frustration with my own lack of activated compassion. I have, however, been incredibly encouraged by those of you who have eagerly jumped in and cared about a family just because they needed to be cared about. I don't know exactly how God is going to provide the entire amount for the van, but I do believe that He will. It would be great to be able to give the van to this family without them having to pay taxes or anything.

Ernie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home