Delivered!
Drove up to Chicago yesterday to pick up the van from Calvary Memorial Church. Van was exactly what they said it would be and had a full tank of gas! The tires had very few miles on them as well, so I was pleasantly surprised. Drove it home with no issues. The van drives straight, doesn't pull, vibrate or shake at high speeds and the engine runs strong (I had to pass someone :) ). So, I took off the plates last night and delivered the van to a very grateful mother. She will have to use it today, tomorrow and Friday to travel to Cedar Rapids for the loss of an extended family member and doctor's appointments. God's timing is perfect! If they didn't have the van today they were going to have to use 3 different vehicles to travel.
This whole deal has been a wild ride for us. It began with my first blog entry to which my wife said, "Nice entry, Ernie - what are you going to do about it?". Then from the encouragement of others to move out of my comfort zone, this whole process began. All I can gather out of all of this is that God is a generous provider, He loves His children and wants to use us to impact the world around us.

3 Comments:
It is better to give than to receive-I bet you can attest to that, Ernie!
Thank you! donna g
That is so great! You are a good and GODLY man, Ernie. Thanks for listening to HIS whisperings and Mindy's voice!
Blessings,
Dianne S
You guys will be missed so much!! I am excited for you, but I hate to see you go. It's not about me though! Still trying to learn that one!! :) Love you guys, and thanks for what you have done for our kids!
dg
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home