Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Change

Change comes awkwardly, suddenly and beautifully. So, right now as I prepare for my final days at Calvary it's awkward yet beautiful but startlingly painful. This has been a great place for my family to learn and grow, yet, we sense that God is calling us to a different type of ministry. Not quite sure how it is all going to pan out, but certain that God will lead us as we surrender to Him.

We are moving somewhere within 30 miles of New Sharon, IA. I will be partnering with Mindy's cousin to build a retreat center for folks involved in ministry (missionaries, pastors, youth pastors, etc.). There is nothing on the property but bugs and beauty! Plan is to build a lake, a lodge and about 8-12 cabins. Property is 220ish acres.

We move out of our SOLD home on May 17th and then will embark on the next chapter of our lives. I am currently trying to secure employment as the property will not have any income attached to it to begin with. It's hard to tell what I'll do, but whatever it is I'll go at it with all my heart (unless it is removing splinters from the toes of sloppy swine).

We are currently looking for land in the area (Pella, Oskaloosa, Grinnell, New Sharon area) to build a home on.

Will post more later, but for now, that is the Jist of it.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Blogger Eric the Barefooted said...

And some changes come with pain as well as joy (like childbirth). Your departure will truly leave a void and emptiness and your regular company will be greatly missed for quite a while. I know we can't hold onto you, so I will pray for blessings in your new journey and look forward to keeping in touch.

(Removing splinters from the toes of sloppy swine is not so bad as long as you don't have to use your teeth!)

p.s. Be sure to let us know what the boat looks like when you land.

 
At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks, and you will be missed! The people that you will be involved with will be blessed to have you, but I agree with Eric, which we all know is so very rare, we can't hold on to you.......and so we will pray for you and yours.....we love you guys! donna g

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Mary said...

we will definately miss you. i personally am very greatful for the opportunity to get to know you, you are treasured friends. mindy i will definatley miss you very much, as will my kids, but i am certain you will be just fabulous where you are going, it sounds to be exactly what your heart has been longing for.
God bless, we will continue to pray for you and your mission.

 
At 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad that my oldest son and family are moving away....
I will have so much more time on my hands....won't have to make monster cookies. :):)
Seriously, I am really sad that you are all moving...you will be missed so much.
You have been a refreshing breeze in this season of our lives at Calvary and the ministry there.
We hope that you will stay in touch with us.
Love to you all,
Dianne Spore

 
At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how things can change in a year. It is sad to know i could have been lifting your family up during all that time. Let me know your new address until that time you guys will be in my prayers. much love,Joyful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home