Unusual Prayer Requests
Have you ever asked God for something strange or peculiar? Maybe you should because it seems He hears and answers!
Last night Joshua wasn't feeling well. He didn't eat supper which is completely strange and then was rather lethargic. Mindy and I prepared him well for what was ahead. Garbage can, ginger ale, cleared path to the toilet. We put the kids to bed and then he says he has to go to the bathroom, so we take him in there and give him a garbage can if he needs it. Mindy and I return to the living room to talk when we hear what sounds (sorry) like a fire hose spraying. We both run towards the bathroom and Mindy reaches it first (not because she's faster :) ) then she takes an immediate detour and says that she can't do it. She was just coming off of her flu and it was just too much. I was in trouble. I normally don't have to do this part because she by default always has. So, I took a deep breath and walked in. There he sat spraying TOWARDS the garbage can and missing miserably. He had about 10% accuracy. I won't go into any details as I'd like to get back to the prayer request title.
So, I sat there squatting in the bathroom with stuff all around and held his can for him so I could help him increase his accuracy, when he smiles and says, "Well, that worked!". It was such a contrast to his hurling and uneasiness that I almost totally erupted in laughter. I said, "what worked, Joshua?" He looked at me matter of factly, with spew hanging from his nose and chin and said, "I just asked God to help me throw up and I did right after I said amen." I had one of those moments as a dad where I could see the work of God in my son's heart and could feel the conviction of God for my little faith.
Joshua taught me a lesson last night. It is alright and profitable to ask God for unusual things. Thanks son.
PS. I got him cleaned up and he went to bed to sleep restfully the rest of the evening. :)
E

3 Comments:
O.K. That was hilarious. When you mentioned Mindy reach the bathroom first, well, usually I'm the only one that hears the kids throwing up during the night and Craig doesn't usually comprehend what's going on, at least that's what he says and he's sticking to it.
LOL,
Madrina Cook
P.S.
I was cleaning out one of my closets and ran across the last letter that I received from you guys. It's from Dec. of 2006. My e-mail address is madrinacook@bellsouth.net. I would love to hear from you.
You have not because you ask not!
Way to go Joshua....ask specifically for what you need.
HE is faithful!
Blessings,
Dianne S
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home