Thursday, March 08, 2007

They Have Arrived!

A few weeks ago (after beginning the Financial Peace Class), Ernie and I were looking ahead at the "plan" on Dave Ramsey's website. It strongly suggested trimming monthly expenses by 10 percent and getting an extra job to generate additional income for a jump start in the beginning steps of the "plan". My first reaction was, "Forget it! There is no way I am giving up family time to go work in the evenings, and I don't see my husband enough as it is - so he isn't either. Settled."
Then...
Well, I'm not sure how it happened. Ernie has been tossing around the idea of getting Joshua and Abigail a 4 wheeler for Christmas for a few years now. They aren't cheap, so he has been keeping his eyes open for a good deal on a used one. A few weeks ago he decided that we could become a dealer (yep), buy them in bulk (uh-huh), have one for our kids and sell the rest for a price that people could afford. Wah-lah! Our part-time job. :)
So...last week the first semi arrived with 8 youth ATVs. Today 2 more are arriving. (Alright, quit laughing - we've already sold one.)
We keep joking about "my little part time job". Ernie went to all the trouble of researching, becoming a dealer, getting the certificate from the DNR, ordering, and final assembly (this has taken hours - I'm glad he's mechanical), but it's my little part time job. :) I know I must have contributed somehow...

One will be given away as a door prize at the Sportsmen's Dinner tomorrow night, so if you know a kid between 5 and 12 years old that would like one - make sure they go and register. (I know, shameless advertising for the Sportsmen's Dinner and "my little part time job". ) The Sportsmen's Dinner really is an incredible event, by the way. It is a great thing to take the kids to.

Oh - Joshua and Abigail don't know they are getting one for Christmas this spring (yes, that is what I meant to say), so please don't spoil the surprise. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home