Needs
I met a mom the other day while at the hospital with my children. She has 5 adopted kids I believe and is currently fostering some other children as well. Needless to say, their house and hearts are full and busy. At least 7 kids romping around this time of year would be a handful (er...delight). My heart was broken for her as I listened to her describe their struggle to make ends meet. She mentioned that her vehicle was broken down and they were having trouble getting parts to get it fixed, thus complicating travel with such a large group. Her family has moved beyond any traditional method of transportation (No SUV or "Mini" van will handle such a crew). So, I sat and listened empathetically to their scenario, had safe thoughts on how cool it would be to provide a nice (uncool) 12-15 passenger van for them to motor about in, and then the dreaded and embarrassingly familiar moment took place - I slipped from their sincere needs back into my little micro world. I moved on, bought 3 dollar coffee, 6 dollar shotgun shells and went on with my life. (The two purchases weren't related) This disturbs me. How can I see so vividly the needs of others and not be moved. I live in the same town with this family and my hands do nothing.
ernie---

2 Comments:
it is life as we know it-how sad!Thanks for being honest-donna g
You are a good son!
I too, have felt that helpless feeling. You aren't letting it drop though....good for you.
Love to you,
Dianne S
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home